assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Broken Soundflower(bed) on Mavericks - Alternative

• ... since my soundflower install stopped working under Mavericks I had to find an alternative and fotunately found this piece of software

http://staticz.com
    Sound Siphon -  actually doing a better job since sound routing works on a per app basis.  Take Syphon Recorder
    http://syphon.v002.info/recorder/
    and set it's audio to the App you decided for in Siphon Audio - and have quite some freedom in terms of routing and capturing Audio & Video  - am I right ?

• Tech Staff

Wow, thats cool. I also have problems with Soundflower, it shuts down my macbook in very random way. I think its a conflict with my RME Fireface 400 soundcard.

Will try those out.
    All the best,
    Alex

• Tech Staff

Nice find - thanks.

• Great!  Thanks for finding this.  Sigh. Another sad day for Mavericks.  I just had the experience of having to downgrade a rental computer from Mavericks to Snow Leopard so that it could actually be used for a show without randomly forgetting and rearranging all of its display settings on every boot.

• Tech Staff

Sound Siphon works best for my setup

• I just found another free alternative to soundflower. logmein it is a software to to remote logging between computers but it has a sound output that just works like soudflower. Only thing is that it has only stereo in and out. tested between spotify and ableton live. SUPEREASY

• I just want to add to this thread that SoundFlower is working fine for me under Mavericks.

Best
    Mark

• In fact it works for me under Mavericks too but since some people are not happy with It I searched some more possibilities

• Beta Gold

Soundflower is working fine on Mavericks and Yosemite, that's Soundflowerbed who doesn't works.

If you use an application able to use different input and output (like Ableton live or Max/Msp), that's perfect, multichannel routing is easy with it.
    Jacques

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.