assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Pause envelope generator

• ey ey!

I am thinking on a way to "pause" the envelope generator. I was checking the different trigger modes but I havent found one that would do this job for me, or I havent yet understood how to do it.
    any idea?

• Tech Staff

@camilozk

Do you want it to stop at an action from your side or lets say for example always stop at 7, 15 and 20 seconds?

• I want to be able to freeze its behaviour when I order it to, and to resume its behaviour when I order it to.

• Tech Staff

Well in this case the only possibility is to "pause the engine" CMD+SHIFT+P, but then it pauses everything also the movie that is playing.

Best
    Michel

• Tech Staff

There is probably a work around; maybe a trigger value actor a the end or something?

• thanks guys

pausing the engine is not an option.
    perhaps there is a work around but I thought that could be much simpler.
    I am going to do a Feature Request!
    :)

• If using Envelope is not absolutely necessary(simple one step rising counter) you can use Movie Player. Trigger speed 0/1 to start and resume and position output for value needed. You just have to make a movie(or mp3) as long you need.

For more complex envelopes you can trigger with external timeline like Duration, QLab and others over OSC.
    I find Duration much easier to use than envelopes in Isadora.

• Tech Staff

yep duration would be a good solution.

• I still have to check out duration. saw the video yesterday and yes, it looks quite exciting.

Anyway, for certain purposes just a pause input in the envelope generator would do the job, while rising counters, movie players or even duration seem to be a lot of paraphernalia to simple pause the envelope.
    I will try out duration today. thanks for discussing!!

• You can just gate the output and keep the last value, put that as an input when you start it again right?

• Fred, I had the same idea, but trying to build it got rather complicated. And when resuming the timing starts from the beginning. Like you run from 0-100 in 10sec, but resuming from 66-100 again 10sec instead of 3sec. So you need another counter/envelope to take care on that? While all you need is in Duration right there. 6511dc-stop-envelope.izz

• Would not the relatively new Ease In-Out 2D Actor do the trick? It has the ability to Pause and Resume the action and can be done with a linear curve to match an envelope generator. Just set the curvature to 1.

Cheers,
    Cam.

• Tech Staff

@cambrucedavis

You are right, missed that one.

Best
    Michel

• @vanakaru

you patch works beautifully, and yes, it is very complicated. I will study it in order to understand it, but I am pretty sure it gets even more complicated as soon as I want to use an envelope with 2 or more segments.
    [@cambrucedavis](http://troikatronix.com/troikatronixforum/profile/cambrucedavis)
    the pause input in Ease in-out 2D is exactly what I wish I have in envelope!! it is again not easy to work with this actor if have more than one segment.

• @camilozk
    you can tether multiple Ease in-out 2D actors (using the 'complete' trigger to start the next one) as if each one were a segment.

• @primaldivine

true. it is possible to draw a very complex envelope with multiple Ease in-out 2D actors, but then it gets again really complicated to pause the whole chain of Ease in-out 2D actors

• Beta Gold

Hello,

I just discover the post and I also search a way to have an envelope working like the command on a lightning desk:
    – possibility to start/pause resume
    – possibility to accelerate/decelerate/go backward
    Each time I give a class about Isadora, that is one of the first question when we make the first video player with automated fade, how to stop it? to go backward?
    I tried to do that with user actor using envelope, with duration, it can works, but not easy to use for begginers.
    It could be a great value to have that, easy to use in the tools, hello Mark and brave developers!
    jhoepffner

• @vanakaru

this one will deal with the timing and resets itself after one pass

57a896-stop-envelope-2.izz

• Pretty clever

• Beta Gold

I make another proposition, with start/stop/resume/accel/decel/invert, it's a prototype, but show what I would find in a super envelope actor…

It's necessary to use the movie included (100 second 1 pixel movie).

61766c-superenvelope.zip

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.