Trigger text from Index

• Tech Staff

Hmmmm. I can't figure this one out....

In the screen shot below you will see I have a 'Get media Index' this is connected to a picture player.
    Above it there is a 'Trigger Text' and 'Text Draw'
    What I want to do is to put the file name, such as 'DSC_3999.JPEG' over layed on the output - so I can see the picture and it's filename for reference. 
    How can I get the file name as 'text' automatically? 
    Anyone achieved this? It's probably really simple.... it usually is but i've gone brain dead!

59b4e0-screen-shot-2014-02-03-at-12.35.34.png

• You could use quartz composer for this - this link might help:

https://vimeo.com/8804233
    I'm sure there are other ways.....
    You could probably use applescript to generate a text file containing all the filenames and then parse that list with Isadora?
    For a real ghetto solution you could use the syphon screen capture app and pipe it back into isadora! =edit - on the file name part of the picture player actor

• Tech Staff

Thanks Gav I will look into this. I did have a look for a Quartz Composers solution but didn't spot this one. Thanks.

• Try this. You need to enter the file path plus you might need to edit the .qtz to get a better resolution for the text.

I've never ever gotten my head around that quartz resolution/screen size thing. If anyone wants to explain it to me one day........

3eb0d5-folder_scanner.zip

• Tech Staff

It worked thanks @gavspav!

• Tech Staff

Access to this within Isadora would be nice.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.