Live capture issues with Canopus AVDC 110 via firewire on Windows Vista

• I have a PC running Isadora with Windows Vista.  I have connected my Canopus AVDC 100 digital interface and Isadora does not recognize this input in live capture. The capture preview shows a black screen.  Sony Vegas sees the capture.

Is there a fix that anyone would recommend to allow Isadora to capture this input?
    I am ready to go back to my older Mac Pro setup where this input works.
    Thanks,
    Mark

• Dear Mark,

I have not experienced this problem but I have an ADVC 110 which should work similarly. I'll test this and let you know what I find out.
    In the meantime, does a regular DV Camera work?
    And what version of Isadora are you using? If you're not using 1.3.1f06 please make the free upgrade and see if that helps. http://troikatronix.com/download/isadora-pre-releases/
    Best Wishes,
    Mark

• I use a Canopus ADV 100 frequently, as well as a Dazzle USB device. Both generally work quite dependably. However, I have encountered the same problem in several of my computers, including different operating systems. Are you using the Firewire jack or USB? Sometimes something as simple as plugging a camera into a different USB jack fixes it, sometimes when I see that black screen in the Video Capture dialog (cntl-L), I select none, and then reselect the offending camera or capture device and it works. I have found that 2 of my USB cameras can't be plugged into adjacent USB jacks. !!! There are quirks. Valerie

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.