Sound source input from another program?

• Hi Learned Ones

What I want to do is make 8 chls of "ticks" at sub audio freqs. I tried using an AUSoundFilePlayer triggered by a rect wave generator (see below) but that gets funky around 7 Hz and won't play back consistently. Couldn't thing of another method. Well, I did try static coming in through SoundInput and using the wave to control the AUmixer gain, but not so good.
    So I pulled out a Max stand-alone I made a while back which outputs a sq wave at any freq. Tried sending that to sound flower then into Izzy, but nothing. So I did research and learned (I think) that soundflower doesn't work any longer. Don't understand the alternatives such as Syphon Recorder for this purpose. I could use Max for the whole show, but I like and know Isadora...
    Any pointers? Do my questions tick you off? (sorry - couldn't help it)
    John

05a102-screen-shot-2014-07-10-at-2.21.15-pm.png

• HI John
    I use Soundflower. Works for me. Where did you read about it not working? Do you have any more info about that? Perhaps that is on Maverick?
    Jamie

• Tech Staff

Soundflower crashes my system. I'm on mavericks. There are alternatives to soundflower, found them in this forum.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.