GPU video mixer in 2.0??

• Just upgraded to 2.0 as an early adopter. I play around with some Hap encoded files and discover great performance and wonderful stutterfree and smooth playback.
    However If I want to mix with live video signals it's still limited to CPU playback since the video mixer actor is still the "classic" one I guess. Will there be a new GPU based video mixer actor in the final release?

Best regards,
    Jacob

• Tech Staff

Good question

• I have the same question... Since the only workaround I found is to use 2 projectors and play with opacity... Wich is not very convienient in some situations.

• Tech Staff

@Jacob1970

I am sure there will soon be more and more gpu based actors coming.

I have made a gpu based user actor that mixes the two sources. Hope this helps. To the one projector that is fading the opposite way than the value you are entering: I just swaped its min and max value, so min is 100 and max is 0.

Best
    Michel
    287320-gpu-video-mixer.izz

• Thanks Michel, that works - however I don't have your version of the Video In Watcher which has GPU enabled. (I run the latest 2.0.0b16)

• Tech Staff

@Jacob1970

Ok, I have b21, but soon you will have access to the new one two.

Best
    Michel

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.