Text recognition

• Hello Forum,

out of a large text every 4 seconds I randomly pick blocks of 150 characters with the Text Chopper, which are then projected and read out loud -- sometimes a quite funny action.
    Now I would like to trigger something else if certain words do appear in the picked blocks - let's say 'Theater'.
    With my not existing programming skills I thought this might be possible with the Text Parser, so I put
    name:string="Theater"
    inside and do get a trigger at the msg rcv, but only if the input is exactly 'Theater' and not with my whole blocks. I then tried
    name:string="?Theater?"
    resulting in a warm smile by the Text Parser...
    Any hints how to accomplish this or if it is at all possible?
    best
    Reinhard

• Which version are you running? The java script actor in 2 would do it for you.

• Hallo Reinhard,

please have a look at this one
    clemens

026eb5-filter_theater.izz

• Thanks @Fred,

I'm on the early adopter version and was afraid of an answer containing the word 'javascript'...
    So I will try and presumably come back here soon with the next questions.

• @m_theater

Thanks a lot! It does the job. I owe you a beer and as it seems that we're both located in Berlin it really could happen.
    best
    r

• that could be a start for 2015 isadora meeting in berlin, anyone interested ?

• Great idea!

On the 14th of February I could even provide a venue for such an event.
    So, Berlin guys, sign this list!
    best
    r

• ....would like to join you - but on tour on the 14.2. - maybe you should start an extra chat for a berlin izzy regulars table...

best Bodo

• after rethinking the text parser approach

i have to admit that it stops if the sting block contains another word with a capital T
    so attached is a java script approach
    best clemens

1a96dc-filter_theater2.izz

• Wow brilliant!

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.