assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

How was this done?

• I really like this piece and wondered if any of you experienced Isadora users able to shed light on how this was achieved?

https://vimeo.com/96396452
    I'm still very much a noob at Isadora and this projects has me stumped. I wonder if Leben Young the creator is a member of the community here and could explain the workflow?
    Any pointers gratefully received.
    Cheers

• Tech Staff

I Image some basic shapes, then a complex mixture of scanner, some glitch freeframe effects and other overlaid video.

It's very cool that's for sure! 

• Tech Staff

love it

• I think there's some displacement map action happening there. and some more stuff, but here is one you can start from 50a5ab-melt.izz

• Thanks LPmode

I think you're on the right path. Combine your technique with slitscans and other layers it's possible to get close to the original.
    Thanks for taking the time to upload a patch.
    Cheers

• Tech Staff

Im not sure if my page on FB is seen easily if you haven't liked it but I made something a little bit similar recently.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152579222496082&id=94963126081
    Ive attached one screen shot but the rest are on FB.

1a2a07-screen-shot-2015-03-12-at-15.21.10.png

• Haha Wow this is the second time I see someone getting into Isadora because of this exact video.

Funny thing is that it's the same video that convinced me to buy Isadora too!!
    I talked to Leben Young and he gave me some pointers.
    Shapes, Slit Scan, Video Mixer, Effect Mixer, ColourWarp are the basic elements.
    However I'm a bit disappointed that all of these are (the old) CPU actors.
    Maybe OT but I want new GPU actors that can build this kind of visual synths. I think the new ones are not up to par yet (except in performance speed of course).

• Nice one Skulpture.

Ubik, I think I recall Mark saying the GPU effects were crucial to the future of Isadora so I guess the old CPU effects will have GPU counterparts in time. I see a lot of developers making a similar calculation at the moment and moving to the GPU especially now OpenCL has matured.
    I think the generative graphics field is incredibly interesting and hope that Isadora acquires more tools as time passes.

• Tech Staff

Maybe we start a list, ordered by importance for the users

• Tech Staff

I think layering and being able to fade layers in and out (VJ style) along with audio responsive effects is key too.

• Hi guys, great to see a bit interest in my work! Unfortunately I no longer have that patch, or many others like it. Ive attached something here that uses the basic build, from what I can remember, to generate a random kind of feedback by back tracking through the effect mixer actors. like Ubik mentioned they are cpu based. I am no coder, and not sure what is happening exactly when two different effect mixer actors are fed back through each other, but it would be amazing to see that process built into a gpu based actor of some sort because I have based a lot of very interesting generative patches on this one technique.

Cheers

edccc6-spectrum.jpg a4963c-test.izz

• By the way, this is Leben. I dont seem to be able to edit my profile name so from here on I shall be known as...Bells?

• Tech Staff

@bells

If you want I can change your username to leben.

Best Michel

• Sure, ok  thanks Michel!

• Tech Staff

ok is done.

Best Michel

• Leben,

Thanks very much for taking the time to post the example. 
    I thought Teflon was excellent and good to see how it was actually done, cheers.
    Guy