assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Applescript to import media to specific bin

• Just wanted to check to see if someone had input on if any Applescript exists right now that can import files into a specified bin.  I'm aware of the script that just imports media right in, but i'm trying to set up specific folders to auto import into specific bins. Any ideas?

• Tech Staff

This may help:

http://www.jamiegriffiths.com/apple-script-into-isadora/

• Skulpture:  Does this script have the capability of importing into specified bins?  I haven't gotten that detail to work with that script

• Tech Staff

It's not got that feature scripted into it no, but I am wondering if it's possible to add.... I am not sure sorry.

• Its dictionary has

import media intov : Import a one or more media files of a single type (video, audio, etc.) into a specific bin within the Media Window.

import media into any : The document or bin into which the file will be imported.

from file specification : The media file(s) to be imported. When importing to a bin, all files must be of the same type (e.g., video, audio, etc.) and their type must match that of the bin into which they are being imported.

• Tech Staff

Brill thanks @nick.

• Hi all,

I'm trying to import in a specific bin (Captures), but I miss the proper syntax.
    Here is what I'm trying

on adding folder items to this_folder after receiving these_items

try

tell application "Isadora"

import media into media bin "Captures" from these_items

end tell

on error msg

display dialog "Error importing file into Isadora: " & msg

end try

end adding folder items to

• It's work

correct syntax is:
    import media into media bin "Captures" of document 1 from these_items

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.