assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Black letters onto White background

• Hi all !! im working on a project where audience sends SMS and we project them on the walls or over the performers. The letters must be black and the background white, so the only way i found to do this is with video inverter, so all the background became white an letters black. But when I tried to mapp the letters over the performers in real time it came to a certain point where while dragging the letters but with its background naturally, and then you became to see a black background. It all make sense but what i need is to have always white background. I cant figure how. I hope been clear with my problem.

Thank you as always !!
    Maxi

• Hello,

The right way is to have a background color actor, with the color white and the a text draw with the letter black.
    I send you a sample.
    Jacques

ff7a55-blacktexte.izz

• Dear All,

Jacques' solution is correct. But here is another using the 2.0 Text Draw actor: you can simply draw black text with one pair of actors, and then have a white background (or any background really) rendered behind it.
    I've attached an example that shows both a white background (first scene) and a video noise background (second scene.) Note that
    1. the 'blend' input of Projector actor for the text is set to 'transparent"
    2. the 'layer' input of the Projector that renders the background is set to '-1' to ensure it is behind the text
    Best,
    Mark

6d2c3f-black-text-on-background.izz

• Thanks Jacques and mark !!!!!  is nice to have you

best,
    Maxi 

• .... or you could do it all with white text on a black background and invert it later in the process - just before the projector maybe?

• @dbini,

RE: ".... or you could do it all with white text on a black background and invert it later in the process - just before the projector maybe?"
    Yes, that would also work.
    Best,
    Mark

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.