How to render 3D render as QT at high resolution
I am running into a problem trying to record as quicktime a patch that includes the new 3D render actor.
My machine can run the patch at SD, but I want to render at 1080p.
If I change the record stage settings to a higher resolution, it doesn't seem like the 3D render gets set to this new resolution.
If I add a stage size to feed into the 3d render width and height, it doesn't seem to update from the record stage settings.
I can try to change the render size in the actor once record to stage has began, but this i freezing izzy.
OK.. so I worked out a method to allow me to render at higher resolutions.
1. create fx so that it play realtime to stage (default render size in 3D renderer)
2. create snap shot.
3. create a second snap shot
4. stop Isadora engine.
5. edit 3D renderer resolution
6. Update snapshot.
8. goto/click snapshot 1
9. setup stage recorder, (render at low rate eg 10% speed)
10. start Record
11. Click SnapShot #2 (this worked for me as long as snapshot 1 was able to begin)
12. Once Ready to quit Recording, click snapshot 1 again.
13. Stop stage Record.
Video file created will have to be edited since it contains low resolution footage at beginning and end.
I hope this helps someone.. I know I will be using this method again.
Did you submit a bug report on this one yet? If not, please do.
Will do. Where is the bug form on the new site?
that should have been obvious.