Isadora 2.1 working on older version ?

• Hi All !! Happy new year ....

1-Im sure this question was already answer (sorry !) Im using the 2.1v. But i want to create patches from zero that can be run on older versions. Is it posible?
    2-And when I receive a patch created on an older version i would like to modified it and send it back and be able to open on the same old version.
    Thank you guys !!
    Best 
    Maxi

• It is possible to have as many parallel Isadora versions installed as you wish. Just rename them.

• Tech Staff

@maxiwille

unfortunately this is not possible, you have to install the old version to do so. But as @vanakaru said, it's possible to have different versions on the same computer.

Best Michel

• Thanks michel and vanakaru !! ....so how is the procedure to instal a second version? And another question can I keep mi license on that older version? So I can save changes Best Maxi

• Tech Staff

@maxiwille

It depends if Mac or PC. http://troikatronix.com/support/kb/how-to-install-a-second-version-of-isadora/

You don't have to use two licenses just use your 2.x license.

Best Michel

• Thanks Michel !! Im on Mac.... so my 2.x license will work on the second old version as well?

Best
    Maxi

• Tech Staff

@maxiwille

yes it will.

Best Michel

• Hi MIchel !  im following the instructions from the link you send. I renamed my new version and now ready to install the older version, but this warning message appears:

"Installing this software will replace a newer version with an older version"

Nothing says that i can keep two versions at the same time. Im sure im missing something
    Thanks again !!
    Maxi

• Tech Staff

@maxiwille

Just ignore that message, if you have renamed the folder (not the app) of the new version then the installer will create a new folder called "Isadora".

Best Michel

• just done it !! Works perfect

Thank you Michel
    Best
    Maxi

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.