Isadora and win a love story at the end?

• @Mark News of today is that Apple is going to stop support for win of QuickTime. Also two critical security bugs affect current versione. So if I got win and also Isadora, what I have to expect for the future? I'm a bit scared.

• That's a very good question...

Apple, in their decision to stop supporting Quicktime in Windows, have dumped on pro video users in a big way. With this security bug I should uninstall QT on my Windows machines, but if I do that, how am I going to edit ProRes files from my BM camera, for example?

In some ways, a very canny move from Apple to force pro video people like myself to switch platforms...

• I've also just seen this news and am considering our options. Certainly, removing QuickTime from Isadora entirely is a possibility, as the code to play Windows files natively is still valid. But then no playback of Apple Pro Res and any other .mov format. That's a pretty serious limitation that we have to think about.

But for the moment, I would say if you wish to continue using Isadora – as well as other softwares (many) that rely on it – you'll have to keep QuickTime installed.
    Best Wishes,
    Mark

• Dear All,

Please read the following about the security alerts.
    http://troikatronix.com/troikatronixforum/discussion/2663/quicktime-for-windows-security-alerts-and-what-they-mean#latest
    Best,
    Mark

• Thanks for the quick answer...this show how much you love your software and all US indeed

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.