assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Displaying Transparent PNG Image.

• Good Day, everyone!

Is there a way to display transparent PNG images in Isadora?

I can't find information about this theme. Can someone help me? Isadora example project would be best!

I need to display transparent logo above all layers.
    Thanks in Advance.

• You can just do it....

If your PNG file already has a transparency then that transparency will work.
    Import the PNG file into your project.
    Drag it from the bin onto the stage which will automatically create a picture player.
    Set the blend to transparent.
    Set the layer to a higher number than anything else
    Reposition it to where you want it.

HTH!

Mark

• Thanks [mark_m](http://troikatronix.com/troikatronixforum/profile/8122/mark_m) for your reply, 
    You're right! everythings works fine! But in my main project i use Scaller to stretch Images to screen edges. And I found when i use scaller, transparent areas becames unusial(see attachments, I marked these areas, by arrows),

d725cd-withoutscaler.png 611a18-withscaler.png

• That's interesting.

Did you make the .png file yourself? Do you think they could be stray, non-transparent pixels which we only see when they're stretched bigger through your use of the scaler?

• @Mikhail,

OK, I just tested this in v2.2.2\. with a transparent PNG and saw a problem. There is however a workaround for you until I get this fixed.
    If you haven't already, install the "TroikaTronix FreeFrameGL Plugin Collection – Installer" –– it is under "Related Downloads" on this page
    http://troikatronix.com/download/isadora-download/
    and install them. Place the FFGLPremultiply actor after the Picture Player and before any other actors. Then the transparency will work.
    I have filed a bug report for you. You don't need to file one yourself.
    Best Wishes,
    Mark

• Hi,

I am just curious if the problem @Mark identified with transparent PNG files has been fixed in V245b16 ?
    I am getting some recurring irregular drop out of image information when using PNG transparency through Picture Player and 3D Rect Project. The image segments are layered and slightly offset / rotated. There are 4 x transparent PNG files that make up the attached screengrabbed image that are rendered to a Virtual Stage located in a control scene. The image appears complete for a number of activations and displays with irregular dropout for others. I have added the FFGLPremultiply between the Picture Players and the 3D Rect Project actors however the irregular dropout appears to persist.
    Regards
    bonemap

f9f8c7-screen-shot-2016-11-07-at-11.21.02-pm.png 900a00-screen-shot-2016-11-07-at-11.21.23-pm.png

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.