assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Alpha Channel

• Hello there,
    thank you for help in advance!

I am having a video which has a white backround and moving hand (scale from grey to blue/violet) and I would like to achieve that which color becomes totally transparent, while having hand in tact. I manage to get transparencies, but in total frame (including hand was getting transparent, which I do not want).

Down I tried one patch, however I doubt that is good, since I am still getting white background.

Greetings,
    Tomas

• Here its how it looks. I will clear out that FX, recorded output, after I do Aplha Channel, so I keep it on GPU. Its just a test. Thanks.
    f7cb26-screen-shot-2016-05-15-at-21.38.14.png

• Tech Staff

@em_tx

Did you try it with the chroma key actor? There is also a FFGLChromaKey actor, I think it's in the TroikaTronix FreeFrameGL Plugin Collection.

Best Michel

• HI Michel,
    I have partial success with traditional Chroma Key - but there is bit too much of a noise. FFGL gives me control only over entire frame. Regardless of FX what is there before, I just trying to get that blue hand on transparent background.
    Maybe its not work for Isadora, but some editing/FX software.
    Thank you anyway.
    Tomas

• Dear @em_tx,

Given that you have a white background, I would suggest the Luminance Key actor, which is based on brightness not color. Try that... you might have better success.
    Best Wishes,
    Mark

• Dear @mark, dear @Michel,

I did not really succeed with complete isolating hand that its stays and everything gets transparent. With Luma I am able to get hand transparent (and insert content there), however not a background. Video file I am using is an output of Isadora. I am getting solid white. Its also quite rough.

With Chroma key I can get subject floating while background (even white) is transparent, but its very rough.

I tried with After Effects, just I would like to ask which format/codec takes Isadora, that I can import video, where I am able to maintain color and texture while having transparent background and keep the detail.

Thank you very much!

Tomas

• Tech Staff

I like "hap alpha" for video with an alpha channel.

• Screenshot:
    5be051-screen-shot-2016-05-16-at-19.35.28.png

• Tech Staff

@em_tx

the screen capture looks like the correct sort of setup, except that you will gain much in performance using Vid_gpu rather than cpu and,
    I suggest using the native isadora plugin "Luminance Key". It offers more control and, includes help text that can help you understand the inputs.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.