assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

OSC IANNIX HELP

• Hello All, Wishing you a great summer!
    I'm using Iannix to create sound illustrations for a personnal installation
    and for my next year courses.

I'm using version 2.2.2 of Isadora.

I've managed to receive the osc values thanks to the ID /isadora-multi/1 and the computer local IP adress.
    The problems :

• When I send from Iannix 5 lines (that each send 5 parameters : Line ID, xPos, yPos etc..)
      They all will be received on the same Osc Channel for example Number 13 but only Showing 5 properties.
      Osc 13, will receive all the 5 xPos..., Osc 14, will receive all the 5 yPos...

• Also when I change the computer ID to 2,3,4 etc and send osc from Iannix to /isadora-multi/2 or 3 or 4 it makes isadora crash.

My question,
    Is there a way to tell isadora that I'd like to receive the first five Properties from line 1 to osc13 to osc18, the following Line 2 on Osc19 to osc24?

Please find attched a screen shot from my Iannix osc interface.

Thank you

052e77-iannix_gumbs.jpg 5c1c22-iannix_gumbs2.jpg

• Tech Staff

The multi channels recieve on the number the are set to AND the following numbers for additional values. So multi/2 receiving 4 valued will recieve the first on 2, the next on 3, then 4 and 5. Giving you all 4 values. I hope this helps.

• Hi @DusX thank you for your reply. I understood this. My problem is that if I send for example 2 sets of different values they will appear on 2, on 3, on 4 and 5 at once. Meaning I don't know how to receive individually the 2 sets of osc like I usually do with other software. For exemple : I'm sending x,y values for 2 different drawings each on value 2. They will both appear at the same time without being sorted out. Meaning there will be osc number 13 that will only show 2 values that will the x,y for both drawings at the same time. Instead of having for example osc 13 for drawing number 1 and osc 14 for drawing number 2. Does it make any sense what I'm saying? @skulpture @primaldivine

• Hello there,
    the folks from the Iannix Forum recommended to "Route" the 2 osc information once received by Isadora. It seems that this is usually done in PD, and Max with a "Route Object".
    I found a "Router" Object in Isadora but it doesn't seem to work the same way.

Any suggestions? I'm really stuck here.
    I was thinking using Osculator to route the values seperatly (But never really understood this usefull sotfware.)

Thank you

• Tech Staff

@David

Sorry, I am sure there is a way, but without installing iannix and spending some time on it I just can't be of further help.
    Are you aware that you don't need to use a 'multi' address to send/receive multiple messages.
    All addresses can handle multiple messages, and work in the same way.
    For example if you send 3 values to /newmulti/1 
    you can receive the first value at the channel # you set to watch this address, and the following 2 values at the next 2 channels.
    In you photo, I see tab 'message 1' and the settings. In tab 'message 2' can you set a different address? Thats really what you need to do.

• @DusX

Thanks to you I found it!
    I wasn't aware that any name could be used instead of "isadora-multi".
    I just repleaced it by "cursor1" and "cursor2" and it's working now, no crashes.
    Thanks man! You Rock!!

Have a good evening.

• Tech Staff

Ah glad you got this sorted. Jut read through the post and straight away I though rename the pathway - and then you did!

I have IanniX but never really used it. Keep us posted on your progress. ;)

• Sure I will! I think it can be pretty useful for educational purposes! More soon.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.