GLSL Shader Actor Tutorial

• Dear All,

For any of you trying out the new GLSL Shader Actor, here's the HTML file with a tutorial. We don't have it on the site yet but just open the attached file in your browser.
    Best Wishes,
    Mark

55db5f-glsl-tutorial.html.zip

• Didn't see any mention of timescale for 2.5 release with the glsl shader actor - any news on that for those of us not at the werkstatt ;)

• Hi @Mark

Very keen to tryout the GLSL Shader actor. The option to input parameters into the live code is brilliant and a big point of difference from other renderers as far as I can see. 
    Congratulations to the team for reaching another milestone and best wishes for the workshop intensives.
    cheers
    bonemap

• Hi Mark, where i can find the GLSL Shader actor ? Great show on the Opening Keynote !!

• ... just to let you know, there's a typo in the tutorial which might briefly confuse someone:

Navigate to the following folder:

Mac OS: /Library/Application\ Support/TroikaTronix

should be:

Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/TroikaTronix

cheers,

John

• Hi all !! The new version is available ? Or not yet Best, Maxi

• I am guessing that it has only been released to the folks at the Workshop . . . though I would LOVE to be proven wrong.

-Alex

• Hi Mark, 

I remember from the workshop, that the GLSL tutorial worked like a charm. I have been trying to repeat the example with the clouds and run into a funny issue under tutorial 2:  

I can copy and paste the code. I even manage to see the new actor input in the background to hook up the texture for iChannel0... but I can not close the shader window without the editor compiling the code and complaining about the missing texture. If I cancel, the shader returns to the last working code. What do I do wrong? Best regards, Thomas

• Tech Staff

@tomthebom

on line14 change textureLod to texture2D.

• @Michel

Hi Michel, thanks a lot. That worked. ;o). May I also ask why? Has the syntax changed or is it something I am not aware of?

• Tech Staff

@tomthebom
    Where did you find the incorrect code? I am looking to update it, but can't find the reference.

• @DusX

It's in the Clouds (by iq) shader code referenced in part 2 of Mark's GLSL Shader Tutorial

• @mark

None of the image links in this tutorial are working. Maybe with your website redesign this little detail was missed?

• Tech Staff

@tomthebom

To be honest I don't know. For another shader code I googled a similar error and there they said replace textureLog, or so,  with texture2D. 

Best Michel

• @jtoenjes :

Regarding the links: I just fixed the links to tex11, tex12, tex15 and tex16. ShaderToy hid these textures under names that change all the time, so I had to create these four and remove the links to the other ones.

Best Wishes,
    Mark

• @mark

Thanks!

• Hi folks, thanks a lot for your help! Looking forward seeing you hopefully at the werkstatt 2017!

• @mark Has a new tutorial been made available anywhere yet? I am just playing with the GLSL Shader and the images are not working and neither is the link under tutorial 2. I am unfamiliar with code so am having issues troubleshooting some of the things I've not been able to find answers to in the forum. Thanks!

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.