Pay Me Actor (werkstatt Quick & Dirty)

• Hi,

Some people asked me for the "Pay me actor" I showed during "Quick and Dirty"
    Attached is the file with two examples.
    Some information for who wasn't there:
    Sometimes I make a patch for small projects that will only play for a short time. I do this almost for free.
    But one time somebody started touring without telling me. 
    After this experience I added a "Pay me actor" to all the projects I almost don't get payed for.
    I use a hidden actor or i save as read only with a password.
    This hidden actor will show a text on all the screens and will only appear after a time I chose. (I chose the month after the show).
    Groeten Gertjan

32a11f-pay-me-actor.izz

• Each with their own. I would never do such thing.

• I also rarely do it. I think I used it once last year for somebody who asked a demo to try if a projection was possible. And to be sure they wouldn't use it in the final product without noticing me I added the text.

When I have a good contact and its a nice project I would never do this.
    Only when I know there is a possibility they will screw me over.

• That's such a smart strategy to protect your intellectual rights. I mean, they shouldn't of see the text if they actually followed what they promised, right? ;) it's more like one of those better safe than sorry things. Thank you for sharing it!

• Also, sure you know this @GertjanB, but if you save the patch as 'Run Only' and save it showing just the interface then there is no way a person could access the patch and hide it.

• Tech Staff

@GertjanB

Thanks, I see you have added the crash actor :-). Maybe I would write Isadora will close in ....seconds and not crash in .....seconds.

Best Michel

• That's indeed better, but won't they get a crash report? maybe a close down actor would be something interesting. Or is that already possible?
    Or you can hide the stages every few seconds.

• You could hide the stages - look at the show and hide stages actor.

• Tech Staff

@GertjanB @Skulpture

Yes there will be a crash report but the writing close would be a bit nicer the crash :-).

The hide stages actor would also be a clever solution, with a pulse generator that triggers hide stages every second incase they toggle "show hide stages" by hand.

Best Michel

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.