[SOLVED] Izzymap - unexpected behaviour

• Hello,

I was making stuff with IzzyMap yesterday and it didn't respond how I expected, so maybe there's a bug, or maybe I'm using it wrong.
    I set up a Composite slice - a circle - to mask the video playing down to just the circle (as if there was a followspot shining on stage)
    We wanted the fake followspot to pan with the recorded action as the dancers move across the screen, mimicking the action of a moving followspot.
    I published the X Offset of the whole slice from the Input screen, expecting the mask to shift left and right, in front of the image, but when tweaking this, it moved the circle _and_ the image as if I had published the X Offset of the Output slice.
    (in the end I achieved the effect with a Shapes/Alpha Mask instead of IzzyMap)
    Am I making sense? If not, i'll try and recreate it and send some more details...
    All the best,
    John

• Tech Staff

@dbiini

You can only publish outputs currently. Please submit this as a feature request (see link in my signature).
    To do similar, I suggest using a shapes actor and add the circle created by it as the alpha to your video.
    Then you can control its placement via the shapes actor.
    Hope this helps.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.