assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Unable to open v1 since upgraded v2

• Hi everyone,

I would like to open an old project with Isadora v1 but at launch the following message appears : “The file cannot be opened because it was saved by a newer version of Isadora“.
    I'm sure it is not the case for this file, and the message appears even if the application is launched directly, without opening project.
    I tried with IsadoraCore v1.3.1f06 and v1.5.3f23.
    Maybe there are preferences or cache files to delete somewhere... Any ideas ?
    Thanks. Clement

• Dear @Clement,

If you are getting this message, then it really does mean the file was saved with a version later than 1.3.1f06\. There isn't much that can be done about this besides running it in v2.
    Best Wishes,
    Mark

• Dear @mark,

Thank you for your answer.
    This message is get when I launch directly the application, not a project file ; I kept 2 versions of Isadora v1 to be sure that old projects could be opened anyway and to avoid possible problems due to the upgrade...
    I have to work soon with someone who still uses Isadora v1.
    I downloaded v1.3.1f06 to do a new installation, but during the process a message is telling me that the older software will replace the most recent version.
    Before try, can this make issues with v2 ?
    Thanks again, best wishes.
    Clement

• Tech Staff

@Clement

Just rename the Isadora folder of version two, then you can install the old version without replacing the new one. I don't know of any issues having multiple Isadora versions. Here you can read how to have multiple copies: http://troikatronix.com/support/kb/how-to-install-a-second-version-of-isadora/
    Best Michel

• Dear @Michel, @mark,

I solved the problem, it was the Global User Actor folder which was the cause of the message !
    I knew the link you mentioned to have multiple versions of Isadora and I named each ones with its extension ; until today I hadn't issue to run one or another, maybe I put in the folder a too recent User Actor which cannot be mounted by older versions (I don't remember...).
    Setting a new and clean Global User Actor folder for v1 versions solves the problem.
    If useful I attach a screen capture of the report.
    All the best.
    Clem

27039a-v1-doesnt-open.jpg

• 9c8aad-v1-doesnt-open.jpg

• Tech Staff

Yes, this can easily be a problem.

I maintain 2 Global User Actor folders. One for V1, and another for V2.