assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

UDP output from Izzy Data Send

• Does the new version of Izzy allow UDP output via the TCP Data send?

I am trying to control a new Sony Camera that will only work via UDP TCP data send.  I saw a number of discussions in the past where people are asking for UDP connection.
    Please advise and thanks.

• Beta Gold

For the moment, the best is to use a max patch, receiving OSC from Isadora and sending UDP, if you dont have a friend with max licence, it's perhaps possible in pure-data

• Try the OSC transmit actors, maybe it works?

• OSC is UDP, I just did a test with the OSC transmit actor and a UDP receiving software and you can send strings easily, just enter the string in the address section.

• Hi Fred:

Could you explain a bit further?  I am attempting to send a hex code to control the PTZ of a Sony camera.  If I place the code in the address section as stated above, how do I actually trigger the code from OSC Transit to the camera?

• The address input is just for the address.Try putting your data in the value input of the osc multi transmit (defaults to a digit, but you can trigger a text to it). Then set up a chain of actors triggering "transmit" with appropriate delays in between. You might also have to send carriage returns or other character in between you commands.

• Actually there are two discussions regarding UDP transmit (see also http://troikatronix.com/troikatronixforum/discussion/1966/send-udp-from-isadora#latest).

I was searching for the same feature for controlling a Chamsys light console, and found a solution in this forum, which was developed by M_theater Berlin. The solution is, to send TCP data to Netcat on the same computer, which "translates" it to UDP and sends it to the desired IP address.

Netcat is a program, which is part of Mac OS (called nc) and can be downloaded for Windows here: http://www.chip.de/downloads/Ncat-Netcat-Portable_69560319.html

Here you find more information how the UDP connection worked between Isadora and Chamsys, in this discussion I included an Izzy patch with explanations:
    http://troikatronix.com/community/#/discussion/comment/16144

I'm sure it will work in this case also, but I really hope that there will be an Isadora actor which works without an extra program, hopefully in one of the next updates...

Cheers, gunther

• Hi, You might consider making UDP networking actors a feature request. Cheers Bonemap

• Thanks to you all for the great suggestions!

• I seem to have gotten closest using the OSC Multi-Transmit approach.  However, The string code output is being oddly translated.  Can anyone tell what is happening?  

Here is what I am attempting to send out to the camera via the OSC Multi-Transmit (simple hex code that operates the camera "Home" command:

01 00 00 05 00 00 00 00 81 01 06 04 FF

Here is what is being shown via the OSC Monitor

01 0 0 00  05  00 0 0 00  00  81 0 1 06 04 FF..

The numeric groupings are being changed?  The camera is not responding from Isadora.  

I am obviously missing something basic.  Looking for the light...

• @bonemap

I second that feature request.

• Tech Staff

@kdobbe

Are you sending OSC messages directly to the camera?

Best Michel

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.