Bug list instead of tips

• I know this looks bad at first to users, but for anyone who works with Izzy it would be a godsend.

Instead of tip of the day appearing when you start up Izzy, it would be great to have it access a version aware list of bugs and show you any known bugs for the version you are booting into- maybe this could even be a stand alone app or a webpage???. 
    As far as I know there are no bug free versions and sometimes this means skipping between a feature you need and a bug. It would be super helpful if, as bugs are confirmed for a version they could go into a database, when I start up a version I can choose to see a summary of the bugs I am working with. It does not have to update constantly, but if there is an internet connection the software can grab the updated json file and show me what I am working with.

• Tech Staff

@Fred @Mark

Dear Fred I do understand your frustration, I often have the same problem. Give us time to think about a solution. 
    Best Michel

• It was not meant sound harsh. Every software has bugs, a visible list would be useful. As we use Isadora live, unlike something you use in a studio where you can find a workaround in time with Izzy and other live performance software we need to know before we run a show.

• How about listing the bugs and other known issues in the release notes, and make the release notes one of the options in the help menu?

• Tech Staff

@mark_m

The thing is that up to now there are no release notes for beta versions only for the final ones.
    Best Michel

• I think the important thing is that the bug list is updated for each versions as bugs are found

• Tech Staff

I could imagine another menu option for, 'development status' perhaps.

Where this information was supplied like Fred mentioned.
    Since bugs are tracked in a database, and labeled, it is possible.. we may need to adjust our current labels etc, to allow for cleaner queries..

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.