Can't get 3d particles to work

• I'm following this guide on 3d particles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_2iX1NI4Ps

and I'm doing everything he's done, but can't get particles to appear.  One youtube commenter said z translate has to be -100, and so I tried that and got a single particle.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? How can I get more particles?  See screenshot below:

Thanks!
    9dde22-screen-shot-2016-11-04-at-2.48.41-am.png

• Hi,

I'm Graham who made the tutorial. I will re-crate the file and send it to you.
    Cheers :)

• As attached.

Use the snapshots to change some values.

d1f39e-3d-particles.izz

• Thank you Graham!!!!

• Welcome. I couldn't see everything in your screenshot; and its a big actor so it was easier to create it again.

Did you click on some of the snapshots? It should help understand what's being done.

• I used the 3D Particle actor (cpu) back in 2014.  I had the start color, mid color , and end color controlled by a  Korg nano midi, value 1 to 127.

All worked well then. 
    After an Izzy update (2.0 I believe), the colors would only change to dark blue and black. 
    Now I tried to recreate the same scene with GPU 3D Particle actor, but have the same problem.  When I move the control knob, the color immediately changes to dark blue or black. I cannot see any way to adjust the parameters of the color selections. 
    I can click directly on the box and manually change the color, but not with the midi controller. 
    Win 7 64 bit
    Isadora 2.4.5b04

• Tech Staff

@CarlMDB

well I do not have a PC but please download the newest beta and check if the problem persists http://troikatronix.com/isa25beta
    Best Michel

• Tech Staff

For color, you may need to add a 'RGBA to color' actor (or HSB) infront of the color input.

Version 2 added Alpha support to all colors. This has changed things just a bit.

• Tech Staff

There was a similar question in another thread about changing colors with a midi device of a shape actor. With the classic actor you did not have the opacity value and with a slider you only had a limited range of colors. But to get a similar effect with only one slider attach a "Color Maker HSB" to the fill color and connect the slider to the hue input.

Best Michel

• I used the HSBA actor and had a productive evening. 
    I will also add here (because of the reference to Graham's tutorial above) that the 3D Render actor has been replaced with the Virtual Stage actor. 
    Thanks 
    C. 

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.