Multiple Blob Tracking w/ Webcam + Video accumulation

• Hello,

I know motion tracking has been covered many times in these forums. I am having  a hard time finding a tutorial / discussion that addresses webcam motion tracking that impacts video playback. For the project I am working on, I will be limited to using a webcam (w/ usb extension). I'm hoping to track people coming into a space. As more people enter the space, the intensity of the video will increase, and hopefully multiple iterations of the same video will playback at the same time. I am only using one projector. 
    Can anyone point me to a tutorial that might lead me to the right actors needed? I'm familiar with eyes ++ but need a little help with how to calculate and accumulate the data received from the multiple people entering the space. Any ideas? 
    Thanks so much!! 

• Tech Staff

You might use a difference actor to determine the difference between a before view (freeze actor) and the live input. Unless you think you can have the camera viewing from above, so that each person is a smaller blob. That might work for using eyes++.

• You can find some of my tutorials on my blog here, there are all the ones with "motion tracking" as a meta tag, hopefully you can find some useful bits and pieces there.

https://vjskulpture.wordpress.com/category/motion-tracking/
    To be honest, its a big topic. And every piece is always very specific. I guess the real question is; what are you trying to do with the data? Then we can tackle how to calculate it. 

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.