Lags with UHD 25p H264 movie on mavericks MBP retina

• Hello, I have a strange behavior with a simple patch, 1 movie player set to performance on speed 1 and 1 projector. Even if it's written 220 cycles / FPS : 25, I have lags with freeze of image but not on sound. I tried on izz 2.5 and 2.2.2 with the same result.

The movie runs well on Quicktime X and if I export it on Apple ProRes codec I have no problem in isadora 2.5.
    What is wired is that I worked a lot last spring with UHD H264 on the same computer and izz 2.2.2 and I never noticed this problem. After I built my project on the last iMac which is on tour now so I can't compare.
    I read the "optimizing for speed support" where it's written **_H264 should not be your first choice! _**
    What is wired is that I worked a lot last spring with UHD H264 on the same computer and izz 2.2.2 and I never noticed this problem. After I built my project on the last iMac which is on tour now so I can't compare.
    Any other feedbacks on this problem ? Thanks

• Tech Staff

So many variables in choosing the best codec. Drive speed, cpu usage, gpu etc..

I can only guess that the balance between hardware strenght has changed, and you are noticing the effects.
    ProRes, will want a faster transfer speed, while H264 will consume for cpu (gpu maybe as well.. can't remember if AVfoundation has H264 optimized using the gpu)
    Personally, for my work I find Haps quality suitable, so I have standardized all my projects to use Hap.
    If I needed cleaner/truer images, I would move to ProRes. For long playback.. H264 or WMV (windows) are probably worth testing.
    Again.. these are my personal choices, and each project/system configuration changes the choices made.

• i had stutters until i went to hap codec for UHD, this was on osx too.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.