Osc to Capture Camera

• Hi there. Im quite new to Isadora. But Im all in for learning the basics to start with!

In a project I'm working on I need to capture a video stream in the background (not projected). I can do just that. But I can't get the osc trigging to work as I want. 

I would love to have a:

/rec 1 

& a 

/rec 2

To simply trigg Start and stop. Is that not how it works? As it is now I need to manually change the function from start to stop and then the /rec trigges the button witch now is unspecified. Also i have noticed that some Actors can be extended so that you see all actions in a row. That would also do the job I guess. How would you guys solve this problem.  

All the best. /Erik

• There are actors that will start and stop a video stream are you aware?

With and incoming OSC message you can toggle this video stream recording. See attached screen shot. 

• Tech Staff

@Skulpture

I think the example needs to listen to two channels.

• Thanks for that! Now it works exactly as I wanted it : )

Even a bit more simplified than your example... So when I sent /rec 1 the trigger value is 1 and /rec 2 sends the trigger value 2

Best. Erik

• @DusX said:

@Skulpture
    I think the example needs to listen to two channels.

Yes it did! MY bad was trying to knock something up quickly. Well spotted! 

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.