New Live Drawing Plugin in v2.5.2

• Dear Community,

I'm happy to announce a new Live Drawing plugin is available in Isadora v2.5.2 – something users have wanted for a long time. (See this post to for the download links for Isadora v2.5.2.)

Attached you'll find a demo Isadora file that shows off this cool new plugin. The patch will open with the Control Panel visible. If you want to see how the patch works, choose View > Hide Controls. To learn more about the various inputs of the Live Drawing actor, just hover your mouse over the input you want to understand better and read the help information at the bottom right of Isadora's main window.

We hope that you'll enjoy this new addition to Isadora's toolbox. If you need any help understanding it, please post here.

(More features will be announced at the Isadora Werkstatt 2017 in August!)

Best Wishes,
    Mark + The Isadora Team

live-drawing-demo.izz

• I've installed the update and have the live draw demo but the plugin isn't there. is there somewhere i can download this separately?

• @DIarmuiD said:

I've installed the update and have the live draw demo but the plugin isn't there. is there somewhere i can download this separately?

Was that on Mac or PC? I originally uploaded the PC version without the plugin by accident. I fixed this about 10 minutes later.

Anyway, if you're on the PC, download and install again.

Let me know if that doesn't work

Best Wishes,
    Mark

• @mark

I can confirm the Mac USB key download included the Live Drawing node actor. 

• That's a super fun new plug-in - thank you @Mark!!

(and no problem with the Windows version...)

• @mark I'm on mac. I tried the download again. all i'm getting is the .izz file. 

• Tech Staff

@DIarmuiD

Re-download the Isadora 2.5.2 installer.

Best Michel

• Tech Staff

@DIarmuiD

The plugin should be included with the 2.5.2 install of isadora. 

• of course. sorry.

• Hi Mark, 

Thanks. Great addition! 

I noticed that the help topics (when mousing over) for each parameter are offset to the parameter below by mistake, so for instance the description of the 'capture' input describes the next one down instead, ie the 'joint type'. 

It seems to be correct from the 'line width' downwards. 

Jamie

• @primaldivine

Thanks Jamie. It's fixed for the next release.

Best Wishes,
    Mark

• Wow, this is so great. I love it.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.