Serial settings on unregistered version

• Hi there

I need to configure the "Serial Port Setup" and the "Enable Serial Ports" on unregistered versions of Isadora.

As far as I can see, those settings require to be saved within the patch, isn't it?

Is there a way to do it or do I need to purchase additional licenses specifically for that purpose?

Thanks

• Tech Staff

@abusedmedia

Well if you already have a license you can save it once on the computer with the license and then move it to the one without a license.

Best Michel

• Hi Michel

I thought about this and that's ok for "Enable Serial Ports" but the problem with the "Serial Port Setup" is that on a different machine the serial port names change, therefore, I need to fix the settings on the final machine. 

As far as I can understand, it's not an option in Isadora unless I'd purchase a dongle key, is that right?

BTW, thank you for the help.

Fabio

• Tech Staff

@abusedmedia

Are you using Windows or Mac? As far as I know the serial port name does not change on a Mac. Dongle Key would definitely solve the problem.

Best Michel

• Hi Michel

Worse, dev on Mac but deploy on Win.

Thanks

• Tech Staff

@abusedmedia

yes, then it definitely does not work. Sorry for that. There will be a solution for the future but unfortunately I can't give a date or say more.

Best Michel

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.