Automatic deactivation of unused picture players

• Dear community,

I am building an actor that contains 64 picture players.  Using a pan_spin_zoom_actor, I provide defined positions for each picture. Since I never make use of all of them at once, I want to find a solution to automatically deactivate those players who do not contain picture content to save resources. I tried to make use of a comparator_actor (if loaded picture = 0, turn off visibility of the player), but this actor only reacts, if receiving a change. In my setup, changes to the loaded pictures are not being made. What I needed was a comparator_actor that frequently updates, or a different solution. Any suggestions? THANK YOU :)

• Have you tried changing the mode on the Comparator actor from "Change" to "Always"?

• @Salimelo

You could try using the actors that have the option to  ignore their connected processes when a 'gated' parameter is enabled. These are the'Selector' and 'Router' actors. The Isadora manual explains these in more detail.

Cheers

Bonemap

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.