NI Mate "USER" lost trigger

• Hi out there,

does anybody know how to get a simple
    "user lost "message into isardora?
    (and vice versa "user activ")

• via midi or osc

greets mickey

• Tech Staff

I'm sure NI Mate sends out a value of 0 via OSC if no user is present and then 1, 2, 3, re the more users that are visible.

So if 0 that means none, 1 equals 1, etc.
    I will double check.

• Hi skulpture,

thanx a lot for your concern!

I can get a "/people" value out of NI_mate  -

but:
     it starts from "0" then  counts up from "1" to "4" and after  backwards  but only after minutes back to 0 -
    whereas in the "log window " it shows a straight forward message: "New user_1" / "user lost"
    multi user is `off´ only tracking one person (nearest)...

(tried in in the NI_forum but there its very calm... so sorry to post it here,
    but I know, that there are some NI_mate users  around izzy.....)

the thingy is :
    I want to steer is just a little film sratching 120 frames....
    (I did already encounter some strange codec-trouble in the "movie player"...
    had a discussion in the forum about it, found a workaround.....)

so it's just straight 0 to 100 tracking but when the user leaves on the ' 100 ' side, the filmpositionwill jump to 0 ( or worse: jitters)  but I want it soft.....
     - so the plan would be to have an "envelope gen" stable triggered....

small issue big problems....

grateful for every hint
    greetz
    mickey

• Tech Staff

Yup I see your dilema and there has been a conversation about this... (as you know as you commented a few days ago)

http://www.ni-mate.com/forum/#/discussion/68/osc-messages-and-multiple-user-numeration
    I will give the comment a nudge and see if the guys reply.

• Tech Staff

@mickey; would this work? (you might have to save it or open it in a new window) 03c4d6-screen-shot-2012-12-14-at-14.01.48.png

• Thank you for this extensive help Graham.

Best Wishes,
    Mark

• hey sculpture

thanx a lot
    I'll check it out ... deadlines....stress....
    for now i found a far less elegant solution by bringing up the smoother value for just one sec when the user is on the right side (value eq 100). simple but funktions ,-)

greetz
    mickey

• yes: I owe you a drink (or two)  ,-) ,  mark much more .....one day I#ll make it to berlin.....

• Buy Graham the beer! He deserves it more!

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.