assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Visual organising tools

• Hi

I think it would be neat if there was a simple tool to draw and label boxes around actors. It would be useful (to me, at least) to be able to visually group related actors, or 'sub-systems', so as to distinguish their group function. Perhaps an 'actor color' tool? Or a 'group and shrink' function? Creating user actors is a possible method for keeping things neat on the screen, but it's main function is to make complex systems readily available in other scenes & projects. I'm just thinking about single projects and experimental workflow.
    Cheers
    Anthony

• Tech Staff

At the moment you have to go the way to either rename actors by right clicking on them and then rename actor. Or you can add a comment "actor" as you can see in the screenshot.

Best
    Michel
    b08a64-comment.png

• Thanks, that's towards what I was suggesting. Things can get messy!

Cheers
    Anthony

• You might also familiarize yourself with the macro. It's like a user actor but just an individual isolated instance and it does what the group and shrink tool you envisioned would do but slower.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.