Crashing with simple sound player...

• A simple(st) patch with sound players and note on/off watchers I made to use with a MIDI keyboard crashes every time I trigger the sound files. I use 1.3.0f24 and MacOS 10.8.2. Any ideas?

• Tech Staff

What format are the sound files and how long are they?

Best,
    Michel

• They are all .aiff's and differ between 15sec and 1:30min. I use mostly short parts of them. They are footsteps, dog barks, fog horns, etc.

• Actually just figured out that it crashes every time the sound files hit the end point. If we stop the file before reaching the end point it survives.

• Tech Staff

To get around this for the moment you can just rename the files to .mov and play them in the movie player. Please file a bug report, you can see the link to the form in my signature line.

Best,
    Michel

• Dear All,

I have been working with bozzy on this. It is a 10.8/Moutain Lion specific crash. I've fixed the bug.. but will need to test it to be sure.
    Here's the User Actor I supplied to him to allow him to simulate the functionality of the Sound Player actor using Movie Players.
    Best Wishes,
    Mark

0c02e4-movie-sound-player.iua

• Thanks Michel and Mark..! I really appreciate all your help during Holidays..!

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.