assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Isadora and Surveillance Cameras

• This is my first post, so I apologize if I'm going about anything incorrectly.

I am creating a video installation in which I have two videos. I don't want these two videos to play simultaneously, however, I want the videos to switch back and forth when viewers are detected by a surveillance camera and when they are not. In this way, only one video will be projected at a time. 

I'm in a class right now where we're discussing this sort of process, but I am having trouble coming up with a patch that works. Everything I find online seems to be with a live video capture and not with pre-recorded videos.

What actors should I use to execute this switching between videos when people are present?

Thank you!

• Beta Gold

@mar1021

You'll need to do some tracking then. Take a look at the tracking methods I linked in this post.

I repurposed that patch to be a starting point for you, which switches between two videos based on whether tracking is occuring or not. (Tracking method and batteries not included.)

Tracking Video Switcher.izz

Best wishes,

Woland (Lucas Wilson-Spiro)

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.