assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Macbook playback of Izzy file made on PC

• Tech Staff

I have a small project that I am working on. The project will be part of a bands stage show, and will be required to playback a base .WAV for each track.
    I don't have a mac, so I want to know what my audio playback options moving a file from a windows machine to a mac PLAY ONLY setup.
    Now I imagine that I can only run the non-core version since I am developing on windows.
    What will be my most professional audio setup I can manage with this? Do I just setup quicktime to use thier external audio interface?

I have little mac experience with OSX, so I appreciate any help you mac guru's can share.

• In my experience moving izzy files between Mac and PC has been relatively painless.  Especially if you are not doing anything too crazy.  .WAV files will run fine on PC and Mac.

• Tech Staff

@CraigAlfredson Thanks. I am glad to hear it.
    To sync to the sound I am starting a timer with the preloaded audio, and setting up cues based on the timer reading. See any issues with this?
    Are there any setup limitations to the demo/unregistered Isadora that will cause audio setup troubles? I don't want to have to resetup the audio drivers every-time the patch is launched or anything like that.

• Again, I haven't had any issues, but if you are using a piece of non-standard audio gear then who knows.

• Tech Staff

I have done it a few times. 

it will be the media that will likely cause you the most problems. Just make sure all your media is converted to .mov MJPEG at 70+% and you should be ok.
    Any problems drop me and email @DusX you know where I am :-)

• Tech Staff

No video to deal with on this project.. purely sound and light.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.