assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Problems changing picture in picture player

• Hi All,
    I'm having troubles making something I would have thought simple to do : Simulating a slideprojector : Putting a bunch of pictures in the pictures bin, and having the ability to go next or previous with the "old crawling image" slideprojector effect (I'll add a projector sound sample later).

I first used one single CI Picture player and one CI Projector. Image crawling is done with "hor pos" of Projector. When the Image gets to -100 horizontal position (it means out of sight) I change the number of the picture in CI Picture player and bring back horizontal position to 0 (this shows the new image).
    But when I change the number of the picture in the player, I see my enveloppe generator (controlling  hor pos) hanging a little bit. I think CI picture player doesn't change pic fast enough.
    I converted my JPGs to BMP, it helped, but not enough.

So I tried to double the system : 2 Players, 2 projectors. 1 player reading even pictures the other player playing odd ones. When one player's image goes off the screen the other player's image takes place (crawling). But stutters occurs when changing a picture in a player while the other's in movement.
    I wish I had smooth movements...

I also tried all this with regular picture player and projector.
    It seems that picture preload doesn't work anymore (or I haven't noticed any change)
    Do you think of a better way doing this ?
    I hope (once more) that I am clear in my explanations. (patch included)
    Thanks for all you advices..

Cheers
    Philippe
    79870e-slideprojector.izz

• Tech Staff

Funny I just finished a Slideshow player for my SYST3M. I only implemented crossfades so far, but have an architecture to support 'transitions' I think.
    I would try to lend a hand, however I am on a PC and won't be able to look at your CI actors.
    With the preload actor, are you allowing it some time to preload, before you start the slideshow.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.