Windows optimization

• Can someone please share any and all possible optimizations for Windows?

I am using window 7 64 bit
    with an intel i7-2600k@3.40Ghz
    16GB RAM
    Isadora 1.3.of24
    I have an important few shows coming up and i would like to have Isadora running as fast as possible and i wa shoping to get some tips
    Thanks

• Tech Staff

What outputs are you using? And what size?

Single screen? HD, HDMI output?
    Any video inputs,etc?
    Thanks.

• i am using an eyefinity with 5 outputs with crossfire enabled, no video in for this show, 5X1280X1024 screens

• Tech Staff

I would have to highly recommend compressing your video with Microsoft expression encoder. Using native windows codec for HD content had proven to be very effiecient for me. NOTE: this only works if you will be playing them at regular speed forward. Looping is ok, if I remember correctly.
    I am in a habit now of compressing all my footage to both an HD windows format and multiple scaled quicktime mjpeg. This way I can live mix as I please.

• DusX speaks the truth. Use windows native codecs when you can -- much more efficient than QuickTime formats. But if you're scrubbing the video using the 'position' input, or want to play movies at a speed other than 1, you must use QuickTime as the Windows playback mechanism doesn't support anything other than forward playback and normal speed.

Also, Patrick, using 5 x 1280 x 1024 is going to tax any system, especially if the video is of a matching resolution. You may need to investigate an SSD drive to keep things running smoothly.
    Best Wishes,
    Mark

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.