assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Projection Mapping Hardware Advice

• Hi All, I'm new to the world of projection mapping. and working on a project for my Uni.

We want to create a projection in a 11m wide by 6m high and 40m long tunnel.
    Did some rough experiments which showed 6 projectors should do the job.

I was wondering what hardware would you recommend?
    What GPU should I go for?
    Two Quadro Cards or something more simple with Matrox TripleHead2Go boxes or similar?

Projector wise I was thinking about the Optoma GT7760A?
    My budget per projector is 1000$ (6000$ total) max.
    Maybe another 1000$ for the GPUs / Splitters.
    What do you think?

I don't need perfectly aligned edges (which I understand could be a problem with cheaper projectors) or 8k quality, it will be a one-day event.

attaching a schematic of my plan.

Thanks!

• @yurikleb stick to a single GPU, much less headaches, you may be able to use a 1080ti with 2 MST hubs, or a 1080ti and a datapath to get your 7 outputs. At any rate the quadro gear is aimed at precision 3d, and will have less power for money than a more appropriate GPU.

For projectors look at rental if it is not a long term project, for 1000 bucks you wont get much of a projector, 3400 lumens is fine in a dark room that is not too big.

• Thank you for the advise!

Will check rental prices.

we already have a GTX 1080 (not ti) on our VR testing machine, will try to squeeze as much as possible out of it.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.