assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

A case worthy of my Isadora USB Key

• So I've been terrified of losing my USB key since I bought it - the thing is so tiny, and so valuable!

What do you folks carry your Isadora USB key in?

I had been keeping it in a metal box for mints with a snapping lid - makes a loud noise when dropped, and even when open I have to shake out the key from the folded paper inside.  It's a very functional solution but not so nice!

But now, I found this little wooden jewelry box and decided to make a cooler case for the key. 

• Tech Staff

@flick

The box is sure a good solution, but I would also put a string through the hole on the top. It helps to find the key if it is lying somewhere between the cable mess.

Best Michel

• Tech Staff

Yes.  Connect the key to the box. Long string or aircraft cable (I just like aircraft cable)

• Thanks people, I never even saw that hole in the hasp!

• Tech Staff

This is amazing. Love it. Great idea. I've seen people with huge big wooden key ringa before, a bit like you get at B&B hotels sometimes.

• I added my dad's old dog tags to the hole in the key.  Long and flexible with a loud jangly sound if you drop them. 

I had to take the radiation meter off since it was too bulky for the box... ;-)

• Hi,

I have mine floating around in the pocket of my computer bag - or stuck into the back of an external monitor here and there. Occasionally, I freak out about where the hell is that little blue key - have I left it somewhere? have I lost it?. I have been using them for what appear like close to a decade now, my original likes to break free of its little blue suit and go naked - but I quickly get it dressed again. I have had to give one to a tech recently, to update a computer, now I am starting to panic about getting it back! 

best wishes

bonemap

• @bonemap

Oh my.. How many do you have ?

• @juriaan said:

How many do you have ?

I manage 4 Isadora keys. They get used for student projects and multi-machine installations. Apologies if it appears excessive. 

The hasp key is a bit more economical for the small number of media arts students I supervise. It also allows the most flexibility for managing site based projects and the mobility of the lisences across different machines.

Best wishes

Bonemap 

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.