assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Weird stuff happening with Add Alpha Channel

• I've been experiencing some very strange behaviour when using the Add Alpha Channel actor.  If I put a video effect (such as zoomer) in line before the alpha actor and then adjust settings on the effect, various things happen - none of which are related to the actual effect.

Has anyone had similar experiences?
    Using 1.3f26 on OSX 10.8
    Craig

• Maybe you could define "various things happen" a bit more clearly. It doesn't give me enough to go on.

-- M

• I wish I could, but they are too weird to clearly categorize.  The typical situation is when I try and move the mask with a zoomer actor before the mask input (using the horz center and vert center inputs). Instead of moving the mask, the mask would slowly recede away.  Yesterday I had an even weirder phenomenon, when I tried to move the mask a lime green "doughnut" appeared around the mask (all the images I was using were black and white).

Yesterday I switched the Add Alpha Channel out for an Alpha Mask actor, which seems to be working better.

• Dear Craig,

Well, if you have an example patch you can send, I'd like to take a look. Thanks in advance. But it somehow sounds like a feedback thing -- were you doing any kind of feedback (output of Alpha Mask back into the Zoomer) in some way?
    Best Wishes,
    Mark

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.