[ANSWERED] Accessing Data from Data Array
lmiller9 last edited by Woland
Hello I am wondering if there is any way to access the data that I collect in a data array in Isadora rather than in a .txt file. In other words, can I access the data in the data array in Isadora? Any feedback would be fantastic, thank you!
The Data Array actor can both write data to a.txt file as well as read data from a .txt file. The data is tab delimited. the Data Array does not work without the .txt file extension and it will create a new .txt file if one is not assigned to it.
And be sure to take a close look at the actor help. it does have a bit of a learning curve.
A few tips if you want to to read the data from a pre-existing data file around formatting and cleaning your dataset:
* save your file as a tab deliminated file with the ending .txt with no other formatting
* must not have a header row
* all data in a given column needs to be of the same data type (int, float, string). Different columns can have different data types
* null values can cause problems. I typically remove them.
* and if you're familiar with python the "pandas" library (available as an anaconda and jupyter distro) is very helpful for cleaning large data sets for integration w/ izzy.
* remember to use UTF-8 encoding
* and finally - be sure to click read on the data array once your data file is in place. change the recall value to the line you want to access.....