assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Izzy Map publish control points 0-100


  • Beta Gold

    In Izzy Map, published control points are all from 0 to 1 or -1 to 1. You can alter the input to 0-100, but it does not scale. I suggest the more standardised 0-100  or -100 to 100 for control points.



  • I will consider changing the range, but it would have to be -100 to +100, as negative offsets are possible and the 0 to 100 range makes this more confusing.


  • Tech Staff

    @barneybroomer said:

    In Izzy Map, published control points are all from 0 to 1 or -1 to 1. You can alter the input to 0-100, but it does not scale. I suggest the more standardised 0-100  or -100 to 100 for control points.

     Also keep in mind that for any pre-existing patches that were specifically built to scale values to 0-1 for these, those patches will be broken by changing the range.



  • @mark Having in mind that general ranges are closer to -100 /100 than 0-1 I think this is a great idea for the future ! 

    Best,


  • Tech Staff

    @mark

    Another benefit to bouncing the decimal point over a couple spots would be easier access to finer changes.
    These -1.0 to 1.0 ranges are sometimes a little sensitive to even a 1/1000 changes.



  • @woland said:

     Also keep in mind that for any pre-existing patches that were specifically built to scale values to 0-1 for these, those patches will be broken by changing the range.

    Actually, if we decide to make this change, I can deal with that by updating the Scale Min/Scale Max when the plugin is loaded. But for the moment @barneybroomer this is a lower priority thing. It's been that way since Isadora 2.x and you were the first to bring it up.

    Best Wishes,
    Mark


  • Tech Staff

    @woland said:

    any pre-existing patches that were specifically built to scale values to 0-1 for these, those patches will be broken by changing the range.

    @mark This is the kind of patch I'm talking about that would get broken. There are actors used that specifically tailor the patch to the pre-existing range. Changing the range would break this kind of patch. 



  • @woland said:

    This is the kind of patch I'm talking about that would get broken.

    Yeah, you're right. :-(

    Well, guess we're stuck with -1 to +1 for the moment.

    Best Wishes,
    Mark


  • Tech Staff

    @mark said:

    Well, guess we're stuck with -1 to +1 for the moment.

     Unless you had an option moving forward to swap the range between using -1 to 1 and -100 to 100.