assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Inverse kinematics using 3D player and Calc Angle 3D actors

• I have been working with the Calc Angle 3D actor to determine the rotation settings required for tracking a 3D object with another 3D object using the xyz data of the objects’ origins. I am able to get it working for almost half of the 3D space using a specific translation of the angles for the Y axis (limit-scale actor: -180to180=-270to90), and I am able to get the other half working with a different Y axis translation(limit-scale actor: -180to180=90to-270). There are also three grey areas around 0, 180, and -180 degrees where a 5 degree range is not working.

I have spent many hours on this, and I would appreciate suggestions from anyone who has gotten this to work correctly.  I have attached an image showing how the objects are oriented when the rotating object(object1) points to the target object(object2) with object1’s xyz rotation values set to 0. The goal is to have object1 track the target object2 as they both move in 3D space. I have also attached the patch if anyone wants to look at it (ignore texture map message).

Many thanks

Don

tracking.zip

• Beta Platinum

@dritter said:

I have also attached the patch if anyone wants to look at it

This is great! I will definitely give this a close look. Thanks for the share.

Best wishes

Russell

• Beta Platinum

@dritter said:

suggestions from anyone who has gotten this to work correctly

Hi Don,

You are welcome to check-out the User Actor solution I have built for working with Skeleton data.

3D Centre and Rotation.iua3

bonemap vimeo password: open

stickMan from Bonemap on Vimeo.

following is an indication of the complete Isadora patch and the User actor highlighted in context.

• @bonemap

thank you, I am not using Isadora 3. Do you have a v2 version of the user actor?

• Beta Platinum

@dritter said:

Do you have a v2 version of the user actor?

Oh! Actually I don’t because it was developed along with beta testing the forthcoming OpenNi tracker that is only version 3 as far as I understand.

Apologies for not reading your tech signature before making the post. 

You might be able download a free version of the Isadora3 and preview the user actor that way. Otherwise, I can post additional screen grabs of the nodes inside the user actor when I get a chance.

Best wishes

Russell

• @bonemap

Hello Russell, I have a deadline for this weekend, but next week I will download Isadora3 and look at your user actor. Many Thanks for sharing it.

regards

Don