• Hi,

a little while ago I built this excel sheet with functions for timecode calculations. (A lot of it was lifted from the work done by Allen Wyatt at Excel Ribbon). Basically, with macros enabled, two new functions are added to excel that convert a timecode value (HH:MM:SS:FF) to a total number of frames and then back again. This means you can build formulas to easily do maths with large numbers of timecode values.

We used this primarily to populate a lot (over a thousand) timecode events in an ETC lighting desk Show Control list (using a .csv import on the desk). We also found it useful to automate the editing of some video content we were making in Adobe CC based on in-out-duration of the shots in the same list, but that's another story.

Once you've done the calculations you need on your spreadsheet you can export as a tab-seperated document for use in Isadora with Data Array, Timecode Comparator etc etc.

Happy to put this on the Plugin Page but wasn't sure if it's appropriate. Let me know if so and I'll post it up with some instructions.

• Sorry, I tried to include the file in the above post but I think it is perhaps being blocked. It's a macro-enabled-excel document which I imagine may look potentially malicious.

• @kathmandale said:

Sorry, I tried to include the file in the above post but I think it is perhaps being blocked. It's a macro-enabled-excel document which I imagine may look potentially malicious.

Try putting it in a .zip file.

Best Wishes,
    Mark

• @mark Thanks Mark, here it is.

ITD Timecode Cheat Sheet.xlsm.zip