[LOGGED] The ability for Add-ons to update from within the program.
It would be lovely if Isadora had the option to verify if you are on the latest version of an Isadora Plugin / User Actor.
- Isadora detects that there is another version of the plugin / add-on.
- Gives a pop-up with the information/date/version that has been found and the option to download it / replace it.
- The ability to snooze it for 30 days for that Plugin / add-on
- The ability to disable it completely from within settings (For example some of us have automatic scripts that do certain actions in Isadora at museums / gallery spaces)
mark last edited by
1. Isadora detects that there is another version of the plugin / add-on.
2. Gives a pop-up with the information/date/version that has been found and the option to download it / replace it.
This capability to alert the user of a new plugin is already in Isadora 3.0.8, so that part of your wish is granted. It will not automatically install it, but the scripts in our official plugins make that pretty easy.
We'll add the snooze idea to the feature request list.
Nice addition to 3.0.8 :) Is this also the case for User actors / stuff that we submit to the Add-ons page, or is this only the case for official plugins from Troikatronix ?
official plugins from Troikatronix
Yes, that is the case. Currently we do not have a method of tracking versions of user actors. This is something we have discussed, I will make sure it's in the feature requests tracker for further discussion.