Hello! I'm pretty new to Isadora and I'd like to know how I might map a single video onto 5 separate rectangles using Izzy Map. I'm hoping to have the whole video across all 5 rectangles so that it looks disconnected and only parts of it are visible. I don't want to resize the video so that it fits within the shapes. Appreciate any suggestions you might offer! Thanks, Alethea
Hi there! And welcome to the Isadora community forum.
EDIT; Addressed the issue better.
It sounds like you are Masking the input. To do so, follow the next steps;
- Attach your Video to a Projector
- Double Click on the Projector to open Izzy map
- On top press 'Input' until you are in 'Input' mode
- Add a Composite
- It automatically creates Rectangle 1 for you.
- Go to Sub-slice options and put it on Substract (basically, we say to make everything black)
- Create a new Rectangle (this is going to by our doorway)
- Set this Sub-slice to 'Invert', basically from our negative this is going to remove that part so that we can see through it.
- Set your Window Mode to 'Split H' so that we have both our input and Output visible. Works nicer ;)
- Repeat for Layer 2 - 5
- Close Izzymap
- Check your composition using the top menu (Output > Show Stage Preview)
See the attached file.
Hope this helps, if I misunderstood you please let me know as well :)
We also have a YouTube video on this topic on our YouTube channel. Ryan explains the topic in his Build it! series.
Thanks for your response! When I try this approach, the input is the single video but the output is the whole video 5 times in each rectangle. I'd like to have the video only once across all 5 shapes so that it looks deconstructed and only parts of it are visible. Sorry if my question is/was unclear!
I will be able to check out the video a little later.
Hi there !
Check out my edited post above; this should do the trick for you.
Let me know if you have any questions
Yes that did it!! Thank you so much!