[ANSWERED] Very basic: Control LED over Isadora with Enttec ODE Mk2
I am trying to connect a LED lamp to Isadora. I am absolute new to using lights with Isadora and I want to do something very simple: change the colour and intensity of the LED over a certain period of time. Eg fading from red to blue in 30 seconds.
Therefore I am looking for:
1. How to connect the hardware, that Isadora sees the lamp and the different channels Itensity, R, G, B and White.
2. Make a set up, where I can pick the colour and intensity and set a time frame eg a transition of red to blue in 30 sec.
I have CLF LEDWash RGBW (https://www.clf-lighting.com/p...) and an Enttec ODE Mk2 and using Isadora 3. I connected the LED over a DMX cable via an adapter to the Enttec. The Enttec is connected via ethernat cable to the computer. The computer can see the Enttec over NMU.
I looked at everything I could find on the forum about lights, but I just do not understand what I need to do. I found the artnet actors and also that it might have something to do with Matrix actors...? If somebody could help me out to get started and/or I would also be very happy to pay somebody to make a working patch for me, that would be great.
Did you set up the Enttec to use Artnet? Are the node and the machine running Isadora on the same network/IP-range?
The light should be set to a start address and ‘mode’. I don’t know this particular fixture, but if its an RGB light it probably has operating modes like 3channel, 4 channel etc.
Each channel corresponds to a particular value. I think on the Troikatronix ‘How to’ page there’s an extensive article on using Artnet ftom Isadora with a sample project.
Without knowing at what point you are in hardware/software setup side of things, these are some starter points
Hi there Julia,
First of all, welcome to the Isadora community forum. Glad to have you here.
Install the ArtNet plugins
Head over to our Add-ons section and look for the ArtNet send and receive actors.
For more information on how to install our plugins head over to our KB article.
- Before you do anything, make sure that you have restarted Isadora after you installed the plugins.
- Open up the example file that I made for you; Example file - RGB LED Fixture (ArtNet)
- Head over to the ArtNet send actor that you find in this patch and select your interface in 'node name', if no devices are listed there then please report back so that we can cover the steps on how to connect the interface to Izzy / your network.
- If that is all set, then simply change the color input of the "Color Send - RGB" actor. You will see that the Data changes and that hopefully your light will respond to these changes.
I made a lot of commands in the User actor to showcase you how it works / what is happening behind the scenes.
A few hardware tricks / trips:
- A LED fixture can have multiple modes, please look in the product manual to determine how many channels the light is expecting.
- A LED fixture has a so called "DMX address", basically a way for the light to say "Hi! I'm light 'XXX', and I only listen to data that is marked for 'XXX' until 'XXY', any other data that you send to me I will simply not listen to'. In the example patch we send on Universe 1, Channel 1 till 4. The other channels 5 till 512 are currently empty. If you wish to change this, open up the User Actor and change the numbers for the channels to the channels that you need.
Thank you so much already!
I started to figure it out over the last couple of hours and managed to set the numbers in the LED right and connect the LED to Isadora and also changing the colour already by myself. :)
But this patch is so much better!
I will dive into it the coming weekend/week....
Greetings from Amsterdam,
Hi there Julia,
Awesome :) Glad that you got it working.
You are always welcome to ask any further assist in the future.
@jules-0 goed bezig. Succes!