RTMP Actor not latching to multiple services.
RTMP actor (alpha) not working
I've followed the tutorial and am a relatively seasoned pro at livestream TD work (former day job, hope I don't eat my sock for saying so...) but I am not able to get the rtmp actor to work for the life of me.
I tried Youtube originally and the actor has a 20% success rate to not return an error when I start streaming, and when it does say it's streaming, I can't get anything to show up in the youtube preview window. Broadcating on the output side says off perpetually despite the input side being switched to 'on.' Reverified copy/paste of links and streamkeys to make sure no carriage returns or spaces were added, and still no luck.
Also, tried using a private CDN with my own streamkey and still no luck... is this actor supported in any way/is anyone available to help? It would unlock SO much work for me with Isadora and a VR application I'm developing if we could get it running.
FYI: Windows 10 Home Isadora 3.1 Alienware M15 laptop
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
16 GB of RAM
GeForce RTX 2060
youtube error screen
I think your error screen attachment failed
P.S. I'm double-checking this actor now, but prior to releasing this we tested on Mac and Windows with Youtube, Twitch, and Facebook Live and we confirmed it as working at that time.
It just worked for me with Windows 10, RTMP Streamer ALPHA actor v0.9.3, and Isadora 3.2 on Youtube.
- Made an Isadora patch with a spinning shapes actor feeding into the RTMP Streamer ALPHA actor
- Opened Youtube
- Logged in
- Went to the "Go Live" thing at the top near my profile
- Created a private stream to test with, setting the start time 1 minute in the past (so that I wouldn't have to wait) and made sure it went live
- Went to "Stream > STREAM SETTINGS" in Youtube's Livestream interface
- In Isadora I left all the settings of the RTMP Streamer ALPHA actor on default except:
- I copied the Stream Key from Youtube and pasted it in the "stream key" input of the RTMP Streamer ALPHA actor
- I copied the Stream URL from Youtube and pasted it in the "server URL" input of the RTMP Streamer ALPHA actor
- I switched the 'broadcast' input of the RTMP Streamer ALPHA actor from 'off' to 'on'
- Went back to my Youtube stream and could see my spinning Shape.
If you could show that youtube error screen that might help us diagnose your issue.
P.S. You can also right-click the RTMP Streamer ALPHA actor and select "Show Actor Help in Browser" to see the documentation for the actor, which includes instructions on how to stream with Youtube, Twitch, and Facebook Live.