Ni mate and unique person osc messages

• i'm using a first generation kinect and a trail version of ni-mate 1.16.

in researching for a september event i've hit a problem.
    so far osc messages are quick to get into izzy and to use on screen.
    the problem comes with a second person osc stream into izzy.  i don;t know how to set up ni mate for a second person.
    i have applied to join the ni mate forum to ask the question.
    i'm asking it on this forum as i hope there might be some knowledge out there i can tap into.

• Tech Staff

I've just approved your account.

• Tech Staff

"The user number assignment is permanent and a new user is always assigned the lowest available number. What this means in practice is that **the first active user will be given the number 1, the second the number 2 and so on.** If user 1 deactivates then the second user will still be number 2 and the next activated user will become number 1.
    **In Basic, Orientation, Basic + Orientation and Animata formats the OSC name is appended with "_[user number]". In OSCeleton format the integer number is the user number.** The Omni mode doesn't currently support multiple users."
    Hope this helps. They key bits are in bold.

• thankyou :)

does basic present the x,y,z of say the left hand ?
    my very quick playing seems to suggest this.

• Tech Staff

I believe so - but not having the kinect in front of me working I don't want to say 100% yes.

It seems thats the case in the [documentation.](http://www.ni-mate.com/documentation/#tab_skeleton)

• thank you @skulpture.

working with the kinect is very frustrating as it's so difficult to see the results when working alone (inside the patch).  time for a cup of tea and to consider if kinect is viable for the project in september...

• Tech Staff

Yes a lot of real time software is hard to work with; especially working solo. I find that a lot.

I guess it depends what you are trying to do; if you need any help give me an email.

• Having had the same problem I solved it building a control panel with numbers showing plus a 2D slider for each body part (eventhou I generally yse just hands feets and head). Police size is 50 so I can be far from the computer and calibrate.

• @armando i like your solution.

i'm going to consider if i can metaphorically build the bridge between what i perceive as the potential of the kinect to actually achieving it. to do this i first need to get beyond the frustrations that develop when attempting to work with the kinect.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.