[LOGGED] Open file failure
When I open the file by double clicking, the actors are missing from the scene, there is no actor. However if I open the application and from the menu bar I choose Open and then the file works correctly.
Weird. Can you post the file (or send it in via a support ticket) so we can try to reproduce the issue?
I have figured out what is causing the problem: saving the file with the Movie Player visible switch to on. If I create a new file, drag a movie , Movie Player and Projector actors are generated then I save it then the file cannot be opened correctly. If the Movie Player actor's "visible" switch is turned to off when saving then it opens correctly. I guess this is because it's the first scene.
Again, can you please post the file or send it in via a support ticket so that we can perform a test with the same file and see the details of the media you are using?
I have performed the steps from the video on my Mac and it opens without issue.
Here or in a new support ticket, could you please:
- Provide the Isadora files from the videos you've posted here
- Tell us what version of macOS you are using
- Tell us what processor you are using (Intel or M-series/Apple Silicon)
- Post a screenshot of the first and second tabs of your Isadora Preferences (General and Video)
- or go to Isadora > Open Preferences Folder and then provide the file named "Isadora Prefs 3.2.6.izp"
- Post a screenshot of the media info that comes up when you hover your cursor (in the Media View) over the media you used in the latest video
- or go to Help > Generate Media Report and provide the resulting file
- or provide the actual media file used in the video via Google Drive, WeTransfer, Dropbox, or a similar service
I was able to reproduce the issue on an Intel Mac and an M1.
I did find three different workarounds though.
- If the problem occurred, I found that Force Stage Preview (Cmd+Shift+F) caused the Scene Editor to show the actors and the Scene List to show the right Scene as activated.
- Launch Isadora first, then open the file via the file menu.
- Go to Isadora Preferences > General > Startup Action and change it from "Show New Window" to "Nothing" to prevent the issue.
Thanks for helping us nail this down, I'll go log it now.
Thanks for your help.