Start and Stop on Wiimote

• Hello,

Just I'm using a wiimote through isadora for a performance and was wondering if there is any chance of using the same button on the wiimote for start and stop on the sound player (the first time you press a it starts a sound and the second time you press it the sound stops). Or if this isn't possible, is there an option where you can hold down a button to play sound then release it to stop the sound?
    Thanks,
    Sarah

• Tech Staff

@sarahw

You can use a sequential trigger.

Best
    Michel
    cde9e9-sequential-trigger.png

• You could alternatively use two separate MIDI Note Watchers: Note On and Note Off the same way shown above, one connected to the start and the other to the stop of the sound player.

• Dear SarahW,

The sequential trigger option is a bit dangerous if one of the incoming values gets dropped/missed for some reason. I would use a comparator actor to test the value, as shown in the attached picture. That way, it will always work. (Here I'm assuming your sending the data via OSC -- you didn't say how the data from the WiiMote was coming into Isadora -- I'm assuming OSCulator???)
    Best Wishes,
    Mark

ff39a2-osc-listener-compare.png

• Thank you for the comments. Iv'e been using the sequential trigger which seems to work fine at the moment, but i'll give the comparator actor a go just incase something goes wrong in the performance. Yes, it is OSCulator i'm using.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.